Goals of the Day :
• Basic ultrasound physics – understand how it all works and know the limitations
• Get to know the machine, what do with all the buttons and how can they help us
• Indications – why and when to use ultrasound in practice
• A logical approach –perform a methodical basic abdominal & cardiac ultrasound exam
• Normal vs. abnormal – specific information on each of the organ systems to be examined (liver, gall bladder, spleen, kidneys, urinary bladder, GI tract & Heart)
• Put it into practice – get stuck in!
09.00 - 09.30 Registration and coffee
09.30 – 11.00 Abdominal Ultrasound lecture
11.00 – 11.30 Demo with Emma Tobin
11.30 – 13.00 Practical session
13.00 - 14.00 Lunch
14.00 – 15.30 Intro to Echo-cardiology 2D
15.30 – 16.00 Demo
16.00 – 17.30 Practical session
Requirements on the day:
You will need to bring a subject to scan with you, preferably a dog. If you cannot do this, let me know in good time and we can sort something else out.
You can bring your own machine with you to use, but this is not essential. I will have plenty of machines to practice on. It is good however to use your own for this if you can as it helps you get to know it better and we can help with pre-sets and tweaking the image for you. Let me know if you are bringing your own machine.
Lunch and coffee breaks are provided throughout the day.
7th September 2018
Emma Tobin MVB, MVM, CVR, Dip.ECVDI
BCF customers IE: £295/€350
Non-BCF customers IE: £350/€400
For bookings requiring an invoice or for pre-paid or complimentary course places organised with our Account Managers, please contact [email protected]
6 hours CPD/10 CVE points for day
Please contact Carol Kirkpatrick on:
+44 (0)7760 908463
+353 (0) 42 932 0070
Or login with emailForgot password