• Investigation of lameness caused by foot pain (as determined by perineural anaesthesia).
• Pre-purchase examinations.
• Investigation of traumatic/penetrating wounds of the foot (especially the solar surface).
• Monitoring progression of disease.
• Remove the shoe, if present.
• Ensure foot is trimmed to remove all loose horn.
• Ensure foot is picked out, clean and free from dirt.
• Pack the lateral sulci of the frog with Play-Doh (avoiding excess packing).
Image from Bulter, JA et al (2008) Clinical Radiography
of the Horse. 3rd ed. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell
Or login with emailForgot password