Ovi-Scan ultrasound product support
Service and support information
Care & Maintenance
We have built the Ovi-Scan to be rugged for the on-farm environment. It does contain sensitive electronics. If you care for your Ovi-Scan properly you will get many years out of your product.
- Wipe it down after every use. Use a non-bleach antibacterial wipe or warm water and soap.
- Store in a dry environment. Corrosion will occur if stored damp.
- Return your equipment annually to an IMV imaging service centre for a maintenance inspection.
- Clean the probe immediately after use before contaminates can dry on. Immerse head in warm (not hot) water. Do not store in cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Keep probe connector free of contaminates to maintain a good contact.
- Do not knock, scrape or push on the probe window. It could burst and cause damage.
- Keeping all connectors clean and dry is especially important. Examine them regularly for cracks or splits, if damage is found it is imperative to repair promptly.
- Wipe display gently with a lint free cloth. Cleaning cloth and cleaners for glasses/sunglasses work well. Care should be taken not to scratch the screen.
IMV imaging sheep scanning video 1 -- How to set up the Ovi-Scan ultrasound scanner
IMV imaging sheep scanning video 2 -- Where to position the probe on the sheep
IMV imaging sheep scanning video 3 -- Ovi-Scan settings explained
IMV imaging sheep scanning video 4 -- Identifying lamb with the Ovi-Scan