Care & Maintenance
We have built Duo-Scan to be rugged and splash-proof for the on-farm environment. It does contain sensitive electronics. If you care for your Duo-Scan properly you will get many years out of your product.
- Wipe it down after every use. Use a non-bleach antibacterial wipe or a damp cloth with warm water and soap.
- Dry after use. Store in a dry environment. Corrosion will occur if it is stored damp.
- Return your equipment annually to an IMV imaging service centre for a maintenance inspection.
- Clean the probe immediately after use before contaminates can dry on. Immerse head in warm (not hot) water.
- Do not store in cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Keep probe connector free of contaminates to maintain a good contact and avoid damage.
- Do not knock, scrape or push on the probe window. It could burst and cause damage.
- Keeping all connectors clean and dry is especially important. Examine them regularly for cracks or splits, if damage is found it is imperative to repair promptly.
- Clean the batteries by wiping with a damp cloth. Dry at earliest opportunity to avoid corrosion.
My batteries are not holding a charge?
- The lead-acid batteries used for your Duo-Scan will maintain the longest life if recharged before they drain all power. They should also be stored charged rather than empty.
- If your batteries are older than 2 years, you may need the battery replaced. Please contact an IMV imaging service centre and we can put a new battery in your existing blue case. You also receive a one year warranty on this battery replacement.
My standard wired monitor is not showing an image?
- Check to ensure that your video lead cable is securely plugged into your Duo-Scan and into your monitor.
- Check that the power cord is securely plugged into your monitor and into a power outlet.
- Examine both the video lead cable and the power cord to ensure there are no cuts or tears.
- If the problem persists, please contact an IMV imaging service centre.
I cannot easily connect my probe to my Duo-Scan?
Your probe should slide easily into the Duo-Scan connector. If you encounter resistance check immediately for debris in both parts of the connecter. Remove debris. If the connectors are forced together damage can occur.
My ultrasound image looks different than normal? (white lines, missing sections, irregular movement)
- Ensure that your probe and Duo-Scan are securely connected.
- If you encounter resistance, check immediately for debris in both parts of the connector. Remove debris. If the connectors are forced together damage can occur.
- If your image is still not back to normal, you may have damaged the probe connectors.
- Call an IMV-imaging service centre to have your machine repaired, you will have to send both your Duo-Scan and probe in.
My probe is leaking oil?
If your probe is leaking oil, do not use and contact an IMV imaging service centre immediately. You have most likely cracked the probe window through which the ultrasound image is received. Use while cracked and leaking oil can cause contamination inside the probe.