Job purpose/ key responsibilities and skills
To provide manufacturing support to R&D across all products for both IMVi UK (Bellshill) and IMVi France (Angoulême).
- Responsible for industrialisation phase of all new products.
- Managing transfer of new products from engineering to production team including creation of work instructions.
- Managing the certification of all products within the business.
- Identifying certification test requirements and producing technical file.
- Acting as primary interface between engineering and production teams.
- Problem solving production issues and where necessary take corrective action.
- Identifying process improvements, for example new test jigs or fixtures.
- Managing quality issues as they arise.
- Managing engineering change requests via internal post-market surveillance system.
- Providing technical support (BOM/component/process) to production team, supply chain team and suppliers.
- Producing manufacturing/test documentation as required.
- Liaising with design team to specify design changes for production improvement or engineering change requests.
- Liaising with suppliers and dealing with manufacturing and test documentation.
- Liaising with certification test partners.
- Previous experience of managing new products through certification process (e.g. CE/FCC marking and safety testing) essential.
- Interdisciplinary background with experience of mechanical and electronic engineering.
- Previous experience within in-house manufacturing environment preferable.
- Experience with products involving wireless connectivity, wire harnessing, waterproof sealing, internal and removable rechargeable batteries and PCB mounting all desirable.
- Working knowledge of metals/plastics/adhesives properties and processes desirable.
- Background in Product Development/Electronics Manufacturing/Test Industry.
- Relevant qualification in engineering, preferably to degree level.
- French language skills would be advantageous.
Competencies/ key characteristics
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory standards.
- Technical understanding of electronic and mechanical design.
- Understanding of key manufacturing process including PCB production, injection moulding, CNC machining.
- Proficient in acquiring and interpreting technical documentation including datasheets and engineering drawings.
- Skilled in authoring technical reports and documentation.
- Good communicator across departments and with external suppliers.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on attitude.
Package: Competitive base salary; Company Profit Scheme; Company Pension Scheme; Life Assurance Cover x 4 basic salary; Private Healthcare (single cover); Flexitime
Applications to [email protected]