An exciting opportunity for a management accountant to join a busy finance team in a growing, international business. The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn a complete range of duties within the function.
Job purpose/ key responsibilities
Working within a team of 5 in a finance department of a UK based manufacturing business with foreign subsidiaries. The finance department based in Bellshill is responsible for the finance of UK, Ireland and South African companies.
The role involves working across the different companies in multiple currencies. The main aspects of the role would cover:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts for each entity
- Monthly flash figure reporting to parent and board
- Monthly reporting to parent company through the Opera reporting system
- Carry out month end routine including control account reconciliations and monthly journals
- Assisting with the year end audit of the group companies. Liaising with external advisors.
- Prepare VAT returns and other tax declaration such as Intrastat and EC sales list
- Provide analysis and commentary on variances within the profit and loss of key areas
- Assisting with the development and improvement of the internal processes in the department and the wider business.
- Preparation of weekly cashflow for discussion with Finance Manager and directors.
- Performance of ad-hoc duties as required by Finance Manager.
- Previous experience in a multi-national business is desirable but experience in practice would also be considered.
- Previous experience of an ERP accounting package is essential. Knowledge of SAP B1 is desirable but not essential.
- Part-qualified ACCA or similar
Competencies/ key characteristics
- Strong communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills in pivot tables
- A team player with an ability to use their own initiative.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Flexible attitude to daily tasks
Competitive base salary; Company Profit Scheme; Company Pension Scheme; Life Assurance Cover x 4 basic salary; Optional Private Healthcare (Single cover); Flexitime
Applications to [email protected]