We are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager. You will have experience in a similar role and will be joining a highly motivated and dynamic team based in Bellshill.
We are a proactively focussed and exciting team with a high work ethic - you must be willing to go the extra mile. In reward, we keep a relaxed working environment and focus on our internal culture and rewarding our people.
Reporting to the Imaging Business Finance and Support Director, the Finance Manager will play a critical role in both the day to day operations of the finance team and the monthly reporting schedule.
- Reporting to the Imaging Business Finance and Support Director, the Finance Manager will play a critical role in both the day to day operations of the finance team and the monthly reporting schedule.
- Lead, motivate and support the current finance team; direct management of 3 team members.
- Manage the operational cashflow including preparation of bi-weekly cashflow report.
- Drive continuous improvement in the finance operations, identifying process efficiencies and implementing change.
- Overall responsibility for the monthly and year end close process.
- Balance sheet reconciliations including intercompany.
- Responsible for recording monthly journals including accruals and prepayments.
- Responsible for the submission of the monthly statutory reporting into the parent company's reporting system.
- Preparation and submission of VAT and other returns as required.
- Managing statutory audits and liaise with the auditors accordingly.
- Working with external advisors to ensure compliance with statutory accounting and tax regulations.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication skills; ability to engage with non-finance colleagues about financial topics; ability to use tact, skill and diplomacy as and when required
- Excellent IT skills including excel
- Previous knowledge of ERP accounting package is essential; knowledge of SAP B1 is desirable.
- Good technical knowledge of accounting practices and policies
- Ability to analyse data and procedures and to recommend improvements.
- Knowledge of UK VAT; previous experience of international VAT desirable.
- Qualified ACCA or QBE
- Previous experience in a multi-national business is desirable but other experience would be considered.
- Previous management and leadership experience essential.
- Previous experience owning and developing the processes within a finance function is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of working in management accounting or financial management.
Competencies/ key characteristics
- Decisive; Makes decisions in a positive and timely manner.
- Stays on top of priorities; focused and disciplined approach to managing own time.
- Prioritises effectively; is not solely focused on urgent operational priorities. Makes adequate time for planning and other important but non-urgent activities which drive long-term improvement and growth.
- A team player with the ability to use their own initiative.
Competitive base salary; Company Profit Scheme; Company Pension Scheme; Life Assurance Cover x 4 basic salary; Private Healthcare (single cover); Flexitime
Applications to [email protected]